Brakeing Down Security Podcast on #Pandora-
Marcus Carey https://twitter.com/marcusjcarey
Prolific Author, Defender, Enterprise Architect at ReliaQuest
“GreyMatter integrates security data from security incident and event manager (SIEM), endpoint detection and response (EDR), firewalls, threat intelligence feeds, and other security tools, and includes analysis functions and automation. Threatcare's technology — which will become a new feature on the platform — simulates how a specific threat or attack could target an organization's network in order to determine whether its security tools and settings are or are not actually working to thwart the threats.”
Security model - everyone’s is diff
How do you work with your threat model?
A proper threat model
Attack Simulation -
How is this different from doing a typical Incident Response tabletop? Threat modeling systems?
How is this different than a pentest?
Is this automated red teaming? How effective can automated testing be?
Is this like some kind of constant scanning system?
How does this work with threat intel feeds?
Can it simulate ransomware, or any attacks?
A lot of things crappily, and nothing good
Mr. Boettcher: “Why suck at everything…”
Atomic Red Team - https://github.com/redcanaryco/atomic-red-team
ATT&CK Matrix - https://attack.mitre.org/matrices/enterprise/
Tribe of Hackers
The Tribe of Hackers team is back with a new guide packed with insights from dozens of the world’s leading Red Team security specialists. With their deep knowledge of system vulnerabilities and innovative solutions for correcting security flaws, Red Team hackers are in high demand. Tribe of Hackers Red Team: Tribal Knowledge from the Best in Offensive Cybersecurity takes the valuable lessons and popular interview format from the original Tribe of Hackers and dives deeper into the world of Red Team security with expert perspectives on issues like penetration testing and ethical hacking. This unique guide includes inspiring interviews from influential security specialists, including David Kennedy, Rob Fuller, Jayson E. Street, and Georgia Weidman, who share their real-world learnings on everything from Red Team tools and tactics to careers and communication, presentation strategies, legal concerns, and more
- Learn what it takes to secure a Red Team job and to stand out from other candidates
- Discover how to hone your hacking skills while staying on the right side of the law
- Get tips for collaborating on documentation and reporting
- Explore ways to garner support from leadership on your security proposals
- Identify the most important control to prevent compromising your network
- Uncover the latest tools for Red Team offensive security
Tribe of Hackers: Cybersecurity Advice from the Best Hackers in the World is your guide to joining the ranks of hundreds of thousands of cybersecurity professionals around the world. Whether you’re just joining the industry, climbing the corporate ladder, or considering consulting, Tribe of Hackers offers the practical know-how, industry perspectives, and technical insight you need to succeed in the rapidly growing information security market. This unique guide includes inspiring interviews from 70 security experts, including Lesley Carhart, Ming Chow, Bruce Potter, Robert M. Lee, and Jayson E. Street.
- Get the scoop on the biggest cybersecurity myths and misconceptions about security
- Learn what qualities and credentials you need to advance in the cybersecurity field
- Uncover which life hacks are worth your while
- Understand how social media and the Internet of Things has changed cybersecurity
- Discover what it takes to make the move from the corporate world to your own cybersecurity venture
- Find your favorite hackers online and continue the conversation
Information security is becoming more important and more valuable all the time. Security breaches can be costly, even shutting businesses and governments down, so security leadership is a high-stakes game. Leading teams of hackers is not always easy, but the future of your organization may depend on it. In this book, the world’s top security experts answer the questions that Chief Information Security Officers and other security leaders are asking, including:
- What’s the most important decision you’ve made or action you’ve taken to enable a business risk?
- How do you lead your team to execute and get results?
- Do you have a workforce philosophy or unique approach to talent acquisition?
- Have you created a cohesive strategy for your information security program or business unit?
Tribe of Hackers Blue Team goes beyond the bestselling, original Tribe of Hackers book and delves into detail on defensive and preventative techniques. Learn how to grapple with the issues that hands-on security experts and security managers are sure to build into their blue team exercises.
- Discover what it takes to get started building blue team skills
- Learn how you can defend against physical and technical penetration testing
- Understand the techniques that advanced red teamers use against high-value targets
- Identify the most important tools to master as a blue teamer
- Explore ways to harden systems against red team attacks
- Stand out from the competition as you work to advance your cybersecurity career
Check out our Store on Teepub! https://brakesec.com/store
Join us on our #Slack Channel! Send a request to @brakesec on Twitter or email email@example.com
#Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/BDSPodcast
#iTunes Store Link: https://brakesec.com/BDSiTunes
#Google Play Store: https://brakesec.com/BDS-GooglePlay
Our main site: https://brakesec.com/bdswebsite
#iHeartRadio App: https://brakesec.com/iHeartBrakesec
Comments, Questions, Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Brakeing Down Security Podcast by using our #Paypal: https://brakesec.com/PaypalBDS OR our #Patreon
#Player.FM : https://brakesec.com/BDS-PlayerFM
#Stitcher Network: https://brakesec.com/BrakeSecStitcher
#TuneIn Radio App: https://brakesec.com/TuneInBrakesec